This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
We Deliver to Your Area!
added to delivery
Mushrooms, Lion's Mane (Organic)
These mushrooms can be cooked in a variety of ways, and their meaty texture makes them a great alternative to actual meats, or even seafood, in many recipes.
You can bake, fry, roast, or sauté them into pasta, stir-fries, and soups, as they will absorb the flavor of your favorite ingredients. Lion's Mane are provided by Flat 12 Mushrooms and they are white, globe-shaped fungi that have long, shaggy spines. light seafood flavor.
To preserve your mushrooms keep them in a bag or box in the refrigerator. Do not rinse them until you are ready to eat. Your mushrooms will last for up to a week as long as they do not get wet.
FreshFix Tip: When preparing Lion's Mane Mushrooms, be sure to wash thoroughly and squeeze out like a sponge to remove any excess water. Also, they can also be cooked and then frozen for a couple of months if you run out of time during the week to prepare them.
LION'S MANE "CRAB" CAKES
This appetizer is so good you'll want it as your main meal! We suggest making some extras!
1 Large Lion's Mane Mushroom (torn into small pieces)
1 Clove of Garlic
2 TSP. Mayonnaise (or substitute)
1/4 CUP Panko Breadcrumbs
2 TBSP. Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
1 Egg (or substitute with flax egg)
1 TSP. Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 TSP. Liquid Aminos
1 TBSP. Olive Oil
1/4 CUP Greek Yogurt (could use dairy-free if you'd like)
1 TSP. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 TSP. Liquid Aminos
1/4 TSP. Smoked Paprika
1 TSP. Dijon Mustard
1 TSP. Shallot (finely sliced)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and place Lion's Mane pieces on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, be sure to check so that they do not overcook!
- While baking you can combine in a large bowl, garlic, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, onions, egg (whisked lightly), Old Bay seasoning, and aminos. You can set aside and prepare the remoulade next.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, paprika, mustard, and shallots. You can add more paprika and a dash of salt if you'd like.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and let cool. Once cooled you can place into a food processor and pulse lightly (until they look like shredded crab meat). Combine the mushrooms in your large bowl of crab cake ingredients. Mix thoroughly and form into 4 patties.
- Then on stove top add oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes to pan and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until nicely brown.
- Serve cakes warm and top with the fabulous remoulade sauce! Enjoy!
FreshFix Tip: You can squeeze a fresh lemon on top of your "crab" cakes for even more flavor. Also, we love pepitas at FreshFix and even top these cakes with them for more of a crunch.
Lion's Mane Mushrooms are an excellent source of zinc, potassium, and calcium. So, you can't go wrong adding them to any of your meals to aid with your overall health.